Digital marketing is a phrase or rather a ‘buzzword’ that has been around for quite a while. Unfortunately, not so many people fully grasp its concepts. Just like any other form of marketing, you need a strategy if you expect to yield fruitful results. To achieve this, you need to create a flexible, well thought-through strategy that can effectively respond to change.
You don’t just wake up one day and decide to create a Facebook profile for your company just because your competitors are doing it. Or start doing content marketing because it’s common or trending. Learn more about how we can help you with Facebook Marketing.
What does the lack of a digital marketing strategy dictate? Are you just throwing out a bunch of techniques and ideas haphazardly hoping to get lucky? Sorry, but there is no such thing as LUCK in digital marketing or any other form of marketing for that matter.
Don’t fool yourself into thinking digital marketing is easy, you’re in for a bumpy ride. So, fasten your seatbelt and hang on.
Three things your digital marketing MUST be doing to get the results you want include;
Creating brand awareness should be your top digital marketing strategy. If you think building a brand is tough, try doing it some other way than digital marketing, talk about spending money. It’s paramount for people to know about your brand as well as the products and services you provide if you want to amount to anything quite profitable.
It’s paramount for people to know about your brand as well as the products and services you provide if you want to amount to anything quite profitable. Think of how many expensive commercials you have seen in your life that cost millions to make and broadcast.
Now think of how many of those ads did not try to sell you something. No 800 number to call or operator standing by. Many have no product displayed at all. I always go to the perfume ads full of skinny pouty people.
How can you expand your company’s reach and increase its online brand visibility?
- Optimize your website – updating your website regularly with fresh, relevant keyword rich content.
- Incorporate a business blog –Blogging can make or break your brand. Your blog should not make your customers feel like you’re trying to sell your brand to them, but rather an opportunity to tell your brand’s story and also a knowledge hub where they can learn a thing or two.
- Create a social media presence – focus on social platforms where your audience spends most of their time. Remember social media is a conversation and that great sales people never come across like a “used car salesman”.
- An attractive website design goes a long way.
- Create a killer infographic.
Building customer relationship plays an indispensable role in the digital marketing strategy of almost all successful companies. These companies will also tell you; it’s not easy. The journey comes with its share of challenges, but it’s totally worth it or they wouldn’t be spending so much money doing it.
Here are tips and pointers on how to build meaningful customer relationships.
- Communicate – communicate with your customers frequently; this cannot be emphasized enough. You should then again establish a two-way line of communication between your company and your customers & prospects. This allows instant feedback and interaction with customers. It also helps to clarify tough and confusing subjects.
This can be achieved through building an email list, posting sales and promotions; upcoming events, poll-survey questions, and graphics consistent with your company’s image.
- Create engaging content—write interesting, relevant and informative content for your audience. They will love to press the ‘share’ button.
- Respond to questions/concerns promptly – it lets your audience know their comments are appreciated and their opinions matter.
- Adopt loyalty programs –rewarding loyal customers will strengthen your customer relationship.
The best digital marketing strategy entails converting leads into customers. Do you know why your website is getting traffic, but your sales are still down? You’re probably not doing this:
- Optimizing your web pages with keywords related to products/services you are offering to drive targeted traffic. This, in turn, drives customers down the buying funnel.
- Create relevant, valuable, inspiring, engaging, problem-solving content to keep your audience engaged. Further, publish and promote your contents.
- Improve your page load speed to keep customers from abandoning your site or shopping cart.
- Design your website for better user experience.
- Create buzz for your brand in social media.
- Lastly but most importantly give your audience opportunities to get involved through call-to-action prompts.